SPI Trading 23rd January 2008 part 5

15:25

Today’s Price action was ideal for my style of trading: - regressive swing trading using Market Trends, Support & Resistance along with R44 spiral points….

As you notice I can often miss those 100-point moves in 1 trading day, but those types of days don’t happen that often, I focus on trading 44 point moves within market Trends….

If the market is trending and continues to move in 1 direction then it’s extremely hard to get back into trends….

When markets rotate like they did today, then it’s much easier to hop back into TRENDS using Spiral points, as long as there is an understanding of the overall Trend of the market….

I wasn’t going to trade again, but two more opportunities arose during today, and both around the R44 Spiral tops….


The first one I waited for until a break of the R11 Trio because of price trading above the 5-day 50% level, but the 2nd aligned perfectly with an R44 Spiral top and also the 5-day lows @ 5413….

What was support earlier, became resistance afterwards…(5-day lows 5413)

I wasn’t going to trade any R44 Spiral bottoms whilst price was under 5413…

Note: - If markets move into a consolidation phase over the coming Weeks, I expect the same kind of price action, which will suit this style of trading.

What the Dilernia Model is for Trend Trading, Spiral points are for Day trading